Dry July is an annual fundraiser which challenges participants to go alcohol-free for a month to support adults living with cancer. The event aims to improve the wellbeing of adult cancer patients by providing funds to create better services and environments for them and their families.
Individuals sign up to the online campaign are supported by an online community of other participants, ambassadors and partners providing advice, help and encouragement throughout the challenge.
DJs (Dry.July. er [dee-jay] noun: a person or team actively sponsored to participate in Dry July) recognise a multitude of benefits themselves such as increased energy levels, a clearer head and clearer skin!
Solaris Cancer Care is excited to be involved in such a great community event. Over the years that Solaris Cancer Care has been involved with Dry July, we have been honoured by the commitment and passion of our DJs whose efforts secure vital funding for us to provide free supportive care to cancer patients and family members.
Current Dry July funded projects include:
- Solaris Cancer Care Community Garden Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital
- Solaris Cancer Care Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital centre refurbishment
- Patient massage chairs at Solaris Cancer Care Great Southern
- Solaris Cancer Care South West Centre renovation
- Solaris Cancer Care South West Community Garden
- New massage tables at all centres
- Patient information resources including library, complementary integrated therapies brochures
- Skype counselling service
To learn more about Dry July visit: www.dryjuly.com
Please donate or register to join Team Solaris here