Our Great Southern facilitator Saskia Wiseman whips up an easy but scrumptious Anzac Biscuit recipe. We encourage you to watch the full video to see the level of detail Saskia goes into in this 10-minute prep, 20-minute cook recipe.
The method and preparation is also listed below.
120g regular butter
40ml golden syrup
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup plain flour
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
40ml boiling water
Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (140 degrees fan forced) and line large baking trays with baking paper
1) Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat on low, stirring occasionally
2) Place oats, coconut, flour, caster sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl, stir together to combine
3) Combine baking soda and boiling water in small bowl, once combined, add to butter and syrup mixture.
4)Add butter mixture to dry ingredients
5) Stir until fully combined
6)Take firmly packed tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls
7)Place balls about 5cm apart on prepared tray
8) Using your fingers or fork, slightly flatten the balls to be about 1cm thick
9) Bake for 15- 16, until biscuits are golden brown but still soft.
If looking for chewy, soft biscuits, place on a cooling rack immediately. For crisp biscuits add a minute or two to cooking time and leave on baking tray to cool for 2 – 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
We would like to thank Purple Planet Music (https://www.purple-planet.com) for their track, “Feelin’ Good” used in this video.