Join experienced facilitator Cathy Brown online to explore the nine areas of life cancer thrivers may have in common. Built on lived experiences, this interactive program brings to life your unique experience making informed choices to support your wellbeing.
This course is hopeful and opens up discussions on a variety of topics relevant to people facing health issues. As her PhD thesis Kelly Turner examined outliers- people who outlived their prognosis, and analysed the key themes they had in common. While we are careful to avoid false hope, many people diagnosed with cancer find that reading the stories of these cancer thrivers is very helpful.
The nine areas discussed, with room for debate, sharing and dissension, include:
1. Changing your diet – if so, why, and who to consult
2. Taking control of your health – how to source reliable information and make informed decisions
3. Following your intuition – first de-stress, then tune in
4. Using herbs and supplements – is there any evidence? Can this cause harm?
5. Keeping the lines of communication open
6. Managing emotions; increasing positive experiences
7. Embracing social support
8. Deepening your spiritual connection
9. Checking with values and reasons for living well
Benefits & Outcomes
An understanding of the nine key principles that people who thrive have in common.
Deeper understanding of the choices people make, and what possible life paths have been trod by others.
Sharing resources and ideas in a facilitated, inclusive forum.
“Our health—and indeed our entire lives—can be seen as the sum of all our moment-to-moment decisions. This includes how we choose to eat and drink, think and feel, act and react, and move and rest on any given day.”
Dr Kelly A. Turner, Ph.D.
Time: 1pm – 3.30pm
Dates: May 20th to June 17th
Duration: 5 weeks course
Facilitator: Cathy Brown
|Wellness Club Package Holder||$ 0.00|
|Standard Package Holder||$ 150.00|
|General Public||$ 250.00|